Thursday, May 8, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

SEVENTY-SEVEN TIMES


Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, when someone won’t stop doing wrong to me, how many times must I forgive them? Seven times?”
 Jesus answered, “I tell you, you must forgive them more than seven times. You must continue to forgive them even if they do wrong to you seventy-seven times.

Matthew 18:21-22 ERV

We are living in an imperfect world that is full of imperfect people. Every now and then people tend to offend us in one way or another. There is a nature inside that tends to demand justice for us by revenging what people have done for us.

Many people will admit that forgiving is one of the most difficult thing that one can offer to another. Many people have killed their loved ones, friends and even strangers because they couldn't forgive what those people had done for them. As simple as it sounds, forgiving may be one of the most difficult act to many including strong Christians.

We have many people in the Church of Jesus Christ who are still struggling in this area of forgiveness. Many are living with bitterness inside of them because they can't let go of someone who hurt them in the past. Some experienced abusive relationships and others lived with parents who abused them and made them regret why they were born. There are some people who are simply having that co-worker who keep on hurting them every now and then so they have accumulated resentment against him.

This morning, I just want to encourage you to learn to forgive all who wronged you. Peter went to Jesus to ask Him that how many times he must forgive someone who did wrong to him. Peter thought forgiving someone seven times would be a big deal before the Lord. Then the Lord replied and told him, that he must forgive them more than seven times, and continue to forgive them even if they do wrong to you seventy-seven times.

I pray that God may give the strength to forgive everyone who has wronged you in your life. I pray that God may help you to let go all the bitterness that you have been holding inside for you for years. I pray that you may get strength from day to day to forgive people who will keep on offending you every now and then. May God give you a forgiving heart from this day forward until when He comes back to rapture His Church that you will be among of them.

*****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I come before You today asking that You may help me to forgive. I know that some things are so painful and unbearable but I know through You I can do everything. Help me to forgive and forget; help me to ask for forgiveness where I have wronged people. In Jesus' Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment