Sunday, May 18, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

FEAR GOD

Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NLT

Some Christians take salvation for granted; they treat it like something that they deserved and when they go to God in prayers they pray as if God is their uncle. The fear of God, that He is the creator of heaven and earth and the leader of all the hosts of heaven is gone in most of us. It's true that God has revealed Himself as a friend through Jesus Christ; but this can’t make us to think that He may be less powerful as before.

When we read the Old Testament we see the God was punishing on the spot all that went against His will. There are many accounts that He did not wait any excuses; but all who sinned died immediately as we see in the book of Acts in the case of Ananias and Sapphira, Acts 5:1-10. God has revealed in the New Testament as the God of love, long-suffering and the God who is willing to forgive and heal people from their backsliding.

Paul taught us that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit, the one we received the day we accepted Jesus as the Lord and Savior of our lives. In other words God lives in you, so you must honor God with your body. If you will go and do anything that is not godly with your body then you will defile the temple of God. These include sexual immorality, homosexuality and all sins that involve members of your body.

This morning, I want to remind you to fear God. If you want to see the hand of God in your life then you need to learn to fear Him with all of your heart. Don't allow to be taken with strange doctrines out there that try to challenge the existence and nature of God. Let them challenge Him but one day the will know that He the Alpha and Omega; the creator of heaven and earth and no one can challenge His everlasting authority forever and ever.

Your body is not for sex, drugs or any other kind of addictions including strong drinks such as alcohol. Your body is the temple of the Spirit of God; live the life worth of your calling in Christ Jesus. One day you will see the advantage of fearing the Lord; God will not allow you to be put in shame if you will fear Him with all of your heart. God loves you!

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, You bought me with high price. Your only begotten Son had to die that He may take the punishment of my sins; and through His sacrifice I have received my redemption. Lord I surrender my body into your hands, use me according to your will. I rebuke every sin in my body in the name of Jesus; I claim my freedom from every kind of addiction in my life the name of Jesus. I speak life to my body, soul and mind, may you glorify yourself through me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment