Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

REJOICE IN THE LORD

Though the fig tree may not blossom,

Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

 The Lord God is my strength;

He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments.

Habakkuk 3:17-19 NKJV

Life can be challenging for many of us and this may make us lose that sense of joy in the spirit during those hours we are being tempted. Many preach that we should rejoice in the Lord during the hour of temptations and encourage ourselves in the Lord, but in the reality is not easy as it may sound.

The above portion of Scriptures is called the hymn of faith, the writer Habakkuk tries to tell no matter what situations may arise but He will still rejoice in the LORD. In other words if you may have got loss in your business; being dumped by someone who you thought you will spend the rest of your life with or being fired from the job that supported your family you still need to rejoice.

Paul the Apostle said these words to the church of Philippians; Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Here Paul was encouraging the church to rejoice in all seasons of life that's why he used the word always. This means they should not be even a single day in your life that you should be sad because of what you are going through in life; but praying for everything and giving thanks to God for His wonder mercies and grace towards you.(Phil 4:4)

This morning, I want to encourage you to rejoice in the God of your salvation. The Bible says a joyful heart is a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones, Prov 17:22. The joyful heart is a good medicine for yourself and those who are around you. If you have joy in your heart even your attitude will be good towards all people including those who are there to make the lives of others the living hell.

This joy is found by abiding in the Lord and putting in practice the word of life. If you will firmly put your faith in the Son of God; then His Spirit will fill your heart with immeasurable joy. This joy will be your strength and help you to overcome each and everything that comes your way. Rejoice today while thanking God for everything in your life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear God, thank You for your word. Lord I'm asking that You may fill my spirit with your joy. Help me to rejoice in you and have faith in your name in all seasons of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment