Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

YOU CAN'T SHARE?


Do not forget [neglect] to do good to others, and share with them, because such sacrifices please God.

Hebrews 13:16 EXB

There is something within us that won't let us share with others what we real love. This nature of selfishness exists in each one of us; there are some who have let it to get the better of them. Some are able to control it but in short we are all struggling with this sin in one way or another.

This was originated from the Satan himself who wanted to be like God and worshiped like our Heavenly Father. When Adam sinned, this selfish nature entered in Him; and this is being manifested through Cain who killed his brother Abel because his sacrifices were accepted before the Lord. (Isaiah 14:12-15, Genesis 4:1-16)

Since then men have been struggling when it comes to sharing. Some can stand and say that they don't have any problem when it comes to giving but in the reality we all need God’s help in this area. The Bible terms doing good to others and sharing as sacrifices. This means that you decide to do good to someone else and share some things with him; you sacrifice something that was supposed to be used by you.

This morning, I just want to encourage you to ask the good Lord to help you in this side of sharing. Paul the Apostle quoted these words of our Lord Jesus Christ: ''In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.''(Acts 20:35)

You will get satisfaction and be at peace with yourself if you will share what you have with those who are in the circle of your influence. There are more blessings in giving than receiving; when you live the life of sharing then God will never allow you to lack all those good things you need in life. Fight with the spirit of selfishness while asking the Lord to make you to be a person He created you to be in this life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I have been struggling in this area of sharing. Sometimes I tell people that I don't have certain things or I don't have time to help them; while inside I know that is not true. Lord many times I have been tempted to accumulate a lot of things for myself; including those I don't have even any use of them. I'm asking that You may touch my heart and change me completely. Lord I want to be like You, help me become a person You created me to be in this life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment