Monday, May 12, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

TRUST

Do not put your trust in princes,
    in human beings, who cannot save.
When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
    on that very day their plans come to nothing.
Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
    whose hope is in the Lord their God.


Psalm 146:3-5 NIV

The bible has been the bestselling Book through ages. It is the Book that has endured the tests of times and in all things it has proved to be precise and accurate in all of its predictions and teachings. Wise people of the past read the word of God and put what they read into practices and they prospered in all of their ways.

We see God commanding Joshua to read and meditate day and night the Law of Moses that he may be prosperous and successful in everything. The prosperity of the nation of Israel throughout the ages was in keeping the Book of the Law; when they kept the law they prospered and when they ignored bad things happened to them. (Joshua 1:8)

Here the Psalmist warns us about the tendency of putting our trust in men. He says these words; do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save. This Psalmist was the great king of Israel who was chosen by God; and anointed by the Prophet Samuel who was faithful before the Lord in all the days of his life. He saw the snare of putting our trust in men, because we will end up being disappointed.

This morning, I want to encourage you to put your trust in the God of Jacob; and put your hope in the LORD God your God. If you want to prosper in this life then you need to learn to believe and obey the word of God. You need to follow what is written and know that the word of God is true and Amen.

Stop putting your trust in your boss, doctor, spouse or even your bank account. Your boss can fire you, your doctor can reach a limit of his understanding, your spouse can divorce you and well your bank account can overdraft. I want to encourage you to look into Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith. I want to encourage you to seek your help from Him and the blessings of the Lord will follow you all the days of your life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....


Dear Heavenly Father, please forgive me for the time I looked into men instead of trusting You. Lord I'm asking that You may help me to put my eyes on You; that I may trust You with everything that is within me. Lord help me to teach my family and those who are in the circle of my influence that salvation is with You alone. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment