Sunday, May 25, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

WHY SHOULD I BE AFRAID

The Lord is my light and my salvation—

    so why should I be afraid?
The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,
    so why should I tremble?


Psalm 27:1 NLT

When the Bible says the Lord is my light, it means that He is the one who shows me the path that I should follow in the darkness. Then when it says He is my salvation, this means that He is the one who has saved me from the hand of the enemy and He is going to save me for the rest of my days.

So why should I be afraid? The Psalmist asks the question. If I can walk in the darkness without being stumble and saved from all the snares of the wicked one then there will be nothing to fear. He continues by saying the Lord is my fortress; where I can go and take refuge from every kind of danger and be safe; then who is there to be afraid of?

We all face things that may cause us to fear, most of the time we find ourselves caught up in our situations and forget completely about what God can do. If our plans go against our expectation or encounter obstacles that can prevent us to reach somewhere we were long anticipated to be; then fear takes place and we tend to lose faith in the goodness and loving nature of God.

This morning, I don't know what causes you to fear or what makes you to have those sleepless nights; but one thing I do know is that the Lord is your light, salvation and fortress where you can take a refuge. Run to the Lord today, ask Him to come and intervene in whatsoever causes that fear in your soul and set you free.

He is the faithful God; He will hear and answer your prayers. If you prayed yesterday and got no answer; I'm here to encourage once again today. Ask Him to come and walk on your behalf and give you the miracle you need in your situation. Remember that you are not alone but the Lord Jesus is with you all the time.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....


Dear Heavenly Father, I surrender all that makes me fear. Lord I'm casting away every kind of fear within me in the name of Jesus. Lord I speak faith, hope and love in my life. I speak life in everything that has died in my life in the name of Jesus. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment