Thursday, May 15, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

THE WORK OF THE LORD

Just as a body, though one has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.  But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.  If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 

1 Corinthians 12:12, 18-21 NIV

In the church of Jesus Christ each one of us has been personally called to serve the Lord in a unique way. Chapter 12 of the first book of Corinthians talks about being different members in one body; while each one performs a unique work with an equal importance in the body of Christ.

Apostle Paul teaches us the following: There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them.  There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.  There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work, (1 Cor 12:4-6). Here Apostle Paul wanted to show the relationship of the Godhead in helping a man in doing the work of the Kingdom.

He started by showing that different gifts in the church are being given by the same Spirit of God. He continued by saying that all those people serve the same Lord Jesus Christ; and all work are being done by the same God the Father. In other words knowing if someone is doing the work of the kingdom; He needs to walk within the gifts of the Spirit, while serving the Lord Jesus Christ and worship the same God the creator of heaven and earth.

This morning, I just want you to know that there is a part for you in the body of Christ. Maybe you have been asking yourself what is your part in the body of Christ? Maybe you have been looking down on yourself and thought that you are useless and well no one will come to understand your contribution in the body of Christ. The Bible teaches us that in one body, there are many parts; this means that if you have accepted Jesus as the Lord and savoir of your life, then there is part of you in the body.

I don't know what kind of part you are in a body of Christ; but I know the Spirit of God knows. I know if you will take initiatives and start praying that He may show you; then He will reveal what He has called you to do in the kingdom of God. I'm here to encourage you to take that kind of initiatives and start seeking the face of God that you may know your function in the body of Christ. I believe God will show you and help you to fulfill your purpose in this life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, Lord I'm asking that You may reveal within my Spirit what You have called me to do in the body of Christ. I'm tired of guessing and asking for people's opinions on what they think God has placed in me. Lord I'm asking that You may speak with me through any medias that I will be able to understand that is You and obey your voice. In Jesus' Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment