Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

BLESSED ASSURANCE

let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Hebrews 10:22-23 NKJV

Fanny J. Crosby (March 24, 1820 – February 12, 1915) was American hymn writer who wrote the song of blessed assurance. Fanny Crosby became blind when she was six weeks of age due to improper medical treatment. Fanny Crosby wrote more than 8000 hymns of her life time of ninety-five years. One of the most known is ''Blessed Assurance'', which has been an important part in evangelism until to this day.

Although she was blind since her infant, deep inside she knew Jesus as her blessed assurance. One of thing which I have learned in life is this; you can see people walk, stand, sit down and smile but all of those outside gestures have nothing to do with what people feel or experience inside. On the outside Fanny J. Crosby was blind but on the inside she had eyes enough to see the blessed assurance in her.

Once I had no assurance in me, I feared everything including my own shadow in a dim room. I feared to talk before people, I feared even to stand before small group of people. I did not know what was the meaning of life, I did not know what was the purpose of my being. I was living but confused with a lot of questions inside, I needed help, I was in need of a assurance, and God gave me one.

This morning, God wants you to know that Jesus is your blessed assurance. Jesus is your hope of glory, Jesus is your wisdom, your deliverer, your song of victory, your help in the time of need, the friend who is closer than a brother. Jesus is your peace, who brought peace between you and God. Jesus is your everything, the blessed assurance given to us by God.

Start a day with hope, knowing that Jesus is your blessed assurance. He knows where you will be ten years from now, and He has gone there and prepare good things for you. He knows all people who you will meet today, He has your tomorrow in the palms of his hands. What do you need next? Just know that all is well with Jesus, and be assured that He did not brought this far to fail.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. One thing I ask from You today, seal your blessed assurance in my heart; that I may walk while knowing all is well because You are faithful God. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment