Monday, April 15, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

PREPARE THE WAY FOR THE LORD

John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”

John 1:23 NIV

Throughout the history in the Bible when God wanted to do something for a person or nation; He revealed his plans for his servants the prophets that when that thing come to pass He may be glorified. The prophet Amos said these words to reveal this nature of God who speak in advance for us,''Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.(Amos 3:7)

We see He spoke to Abraham in advance about what He will happen in generations to come including the exodus of children of Israel his descendants from Egypt. He spoke concerning the greatness of David and that his kingdom will last forever when David was still a shepherd in his Father house, then He spoke the splendor and magnificence of King Solomon and all the wisdom which he will be given. The great temple which he will build and the fame which he will have among the nations when he was still in his tender age.

He sent John the Baptist before Jesus, who proclaimed about the glorious leader of all time who will come after him; he quoted the words of Prophet Isaiah son of Amoz saying,''“I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’” Isaiah saw the days of Jesus 750 years before his advent on this earth; John the Baptist came to confirm the Word of Isaiah, he came to seal that what was said is true and he introduced Jesus in the world scene.

This morning, God wants you to prepare the way for the Lord. He wants you to straight his paths in your life. Maybe you have been trusting him for somethings in your life, trusting for the salvation of your loved ones. Trusting for your promotion at work, trusting that this year God is going to use you and continue revealing Himself to you in deeper dimension of grace. You need to prepare the way for Him to perform all what you are believing for.

Prepare his way by repent the sin that so easily entangle you. Returning your prayer life, go back to those wonderful sweet days which you had the fellowship with your Father in the middle of late night. Go back to those unforgettable days in which you woke up each morning with hymn, the song for a day. Having a scripture which you meditate the whole day and ask God to reveal what he meant in that verse. To ask God to take you back to the place where you had received Him.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. I feel that I'm so far from you Lord, but still I hear you calling me. Take me back to those simple things I once knew, their memories keep drawing me. I must confess. Lord I've been blessed, But yet my soul's not satisfied. Renew my faith, restore my joy and dry my weeping eyes. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

REFERENCE:

TAKE ME BACK, Andrae Crouch













No comments:

Post a Comment