Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer


IDLE CHATTER

In the multitude of words sin is not lacking,
But he who restrains his lips is wise.

Proverbs 10:19 NKJV

In a course of my life one of the things which brought permanent change in different areas of my life are words. There was a time I spoke good words which encouraged others and changed the whole direction of their lives. In the mean time there were times which I spoke bad words, which hurt others and made me to loose them permanent.

In both aspects the same words which I spoke was for my advantage or disadvantage. Most of the time I pleaded the Lord to teach me which words I should use because I have seen the great effect of words of my mouth to those who are around me. Another thing which I came to learn over the years is that in the multitude of words sin is not lacking, most of the time I found myself speaking too much I ended repenting because I always find faults in my words.

Proverbs 14:23 says, ''In all labor there is profit, But idle chatter leads only to poverty. There is a behavior emerged to us people of God, most of the time we find ourselves through social medias spent a lot of time chatting and sometimes arguing with our fellow brethren public and forget our position as the Church of Christ. There are words which we speak through our writings out there which stumble the spirits of those who are young and weak in faith; including unbelievers who wanted to watch our examples that they may come to Christ.

This morning, God wants you to reconsider your words. God wants you to know that talking without doing nothing will finally led you to poverty. Stop spending too much time in the things which will not profit you but instead focus on what God had in store for you. Stop seeking to be known as the great speaker but instead ask the Lord to teach you where and when you are supposed to open your mouth.

Christ is coming soon, we need to be the salt and light of the world. We need to do what the Lord commanded us to do. We need to remember that through the same tongue you can build and destroy, wound and heal, bless and curse at the same time. May God help us to talk like Jesus, to restrains our lips where needed. May God be glorified in our words and all our doing from now and forever more.


****Morning Prayer****


Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord please forgive me for misusing my words against my neighbor. Teach me what I'm suppose to speak, where to speak, when to speak and in what extent to speak that I may walk according to your Word. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment