Friday, April 12, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer


DECISION HOUR

Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’

Luke 16: 29-31 NIV

In my former religion which I was raised on during my earliest years of my life. There were no much emphasis concerning where the spirit of human will go after death. People in that religion including our spiritual leaders during that time believed there is a life after death but no one would be saved on this earth. They believed you need to die first and then you will be saved, they believed if someone died without being perfect holy; the prayers of his loved ones who are still on this earth would save him from hell.

They just encouraged people to live a good life and later they will be just alright after death. We used to pray for the dead believing our prayers will save them by giving less punishment and finally they will inherit the kingdom of God after being somewhere known as purgatory. Here is the place of purification or temporary punishment by which those who die of grace are believed to be ready for the Beatific Vision in Heaven.

After I was born again, the Holy Spirit opened the eyes of my understanding and I started doing research on different weak doctrines which I was taught. I discovered the Bible is clear that after death is judgement, and those who lived the righteous life in Christ Jesus will go direct to heaven while those who lived in sin will go direct to hell. I came to understand that there is no a place between, there is no pardon of sin after death and hence decision about where one will go, should be made while he is still alive.

This morning, God wants you to know that the decision of your after life is made in this life. When the rich man asked Abraham to send Lazarus to his family that he may warn them about hell the place of torment. Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them. When He insisted that they will listen to someone from dead, Abraham said to him,'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'

I want to encourage you to make a decision today if still you haven't decide. If you have already made your decision I just want to encourage you to continue keeping your confessions with a pure heart. Hell is real and the Bible says that, Hell has enlarged itself and all who did not accept Christ in this life go direct to it after death. Heaven is real, Jesus went to prepare the place for his bride, the Church. 

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I commit my life to your hands, I declare and decree that I will live for you. My life will be the instrument of your praises, that all the nations may know and understand You Jesus lives in me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment