Friday, April 26, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

LABELS

The man said, “Who made you ruler and judge over us? Are you thinking of killing me as you killed the Egyptian?” Then Moses was afraid and thought, “What I did must have become known.”

Exodus 2:14 NIV

Many times we settle for definitions which people gave us. We tend to agree with what people think of us, the label which people gave us and hence we live with them for the rest of our lives. One will tell you that you are poor, you came from a poor family, your nation is poor and you will die poor. Then you will agree with that definition, you will settle for less in your life and mingling around your poverty circle for the rest of your life.

There will come a person who will tell you, you are a sinner. Your Father was a sinner as his father before Him, your mother bore you in guilty and hence your life will be the same so don't struggle to know the so called God. You will never go beyond what your fore Father had, because you are destined to be like them and hence you are up to this day.

These definitions distort the truth of the Word of God in us, these labels put on us marks which tend to define who we are in men point of view but not God's. When Moses killed an Egyptian who was beating a Hebrew, next day when he saw two Hebrews fighting, and ask them why they were fighting each other. One of the them replied by saying, “Who made you ruler and judge over us? Are you thinking of killing me as you killed the Egyptian?”

This morning, God wants you to remove whatsoever labels which people gave you and put the label of His word. Moses was afraid because people labeled him as a killer, and the matter was known to Pharaoh who tried to kill him and Moses fled from Pharaoh and went to live in Midian. All that time which Moses was in Midian Moses lived with the guilty of killing someone till the Lord's visit in the form of the burning bush.

You need to stop allowing the enemy to define you by the sin which you did in the past. You need to refuse to be defined by the what your fore fathers did, the state of your nation and what people said about you. God has a higher and better plan for you, He thinks better things for you. He sends this word for you that You may have hope for your future. He is Alpha and Omega, you don't need to worry about anything when you are under His care, He will supply all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I remove all the labels which tend to define me in the name of Jesus. I refuse to be defined with the world but rather to be defined according to your Word. I refuse to be defined by the story of my family rather to be defined by the plan which you have for me. I will be what your Word says I will, I will reach where your Word will take me and I will do what your Word says I will do. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment