Saturday, April 6, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer


SEVENTY-SEVEN TIMES

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Matthew 18:21-22 NIV

One of the heavy burden for the people of God to release is un-forgiveness. I have seen some people who were possessed by demons for a long time, every time they went for deliverance those demons got out and came back after a short period. After researching what made those demons to come back, un-forgiveness was found as a cause.

When that particular person decided to forgive, those demons came out and never returned back. There is a power in forgiveness, there is a bondage in un-forgiveness. When we forgive, we give God a chance to heal our wounds, restore our health and help us to let go of the bitterness. When we refuse to forgive, we first hold ourselves in the prison of bitterness, resentment and anger. Forgiving people who hurt us does not make them right, but it sets us free.

Peter asked Jesus how many times we need to forgive a brother or sister who will sins against us? He then said up to seven times? thinking that he would have done a great favor to that particular person. But Jesus replied, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. In my personal life, I have experienced how it is like to forgive a person who hurt you; but one thing I can testify is this, it is worth it to forgive even seventy-seven times.

This morning, God wants you to know that forgiveness is not to be offered once or twice or even up to seven times but should be seventy-seven times! Just imagine all sins which you did in the past before you knew the Lord, and some which you did while you already knew the truth. But God has forgiven you from all of them, and gave you a second chance in His Kingdom.

By this knowledge, you too need to give a second chance to someone out there. There is someone who needs your love and forgiveness even if he is not worth of it. You need to forgive that you may stop living in past wounds, and start a brand new life heading to your destiny. For us Christians, forgiveness is a must! If we will not forgive our neighbors, the Good Lord will not forgive us too! You need to forgive, You need to let it go, You need to start afresh and give someone a second chance.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Good Lord I'm asking that You may help me to forgive[ mention if there is any]. Help me understand that to err is human but forgiving is divine. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment