Thursday, April 18, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

GOD OF SECOND CHANCE


Again he denied it.

After a little while, those standing near said to Peter, “Surely you are one of them, for you are a Galilean.”He began to call down curses, and he swore to them, “I don’t know this man you’re talking about.”Immediately the rooster crowed the second time. Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times.” And he broke down and wept.

Mark 14:70-72 NIV

Peter walked with Jesus three and half years, he saw all the miracles which Jesus did, he was taught all what he needed to hear about the Kingdom of God. He was there on the Mount of Transfiguration when Jesus face shone like the sun, and his clothe became as white as the light. He saw Moses and Elijah talking to Jesus, and he heard this voice,''“This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”(Matthew 17:1-9)

This Peter is the one who Jesus said these words to,''Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it,(Matthew 16:18). Peter was aware of all God had in store for him, He knew that Jesus loved him and that when Jesus is gone he will take in charge to lead his colleagues to do the work which was before them.

Jesus predicted that Peter would deny him and what Jesus said came to pass. Peter denied Jesus three times, then the rooster crowed second time and Peter remembered and wept bitterly. Many of us have known the Lord for years, seen what He has been doing for us since the first day we received Him. We have seen his loving-kindness towards us; but somewhere along the way life forced us to compromise, and hence we gave in!

This morning, God wants you to know is the God of second chance. He wants you to understand that He offers free forgiveness and mercy to all who humbly come to him with repentant heart. It does not matter how many times you have denied the Lord, pretending that You are not a Christian among your unbeliever friends. Doing tradition and customs of your tribe or family while you know it's against the Lord.

God is more than able to forgive you and give you a new start. He is able to restore your position in the body of Christ, fill you with joy and the peace with surpass all understanding. He is the God of second chance, He gave it to Peter, He is more than willing to give it to you too. Stop hating yourself for that thing which you did some years ago, stop laying in the same field of your mistakes all these years. Stand up, repent it all and move on knowing God will continue to sustain you that You may overcome everything which cause you to error.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I repent for the time which I have denied You by my words or deeds. I want to start afresh, please give me strength to overcome all that caused me to sin against You ooh Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment