Monday, July 28, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

THE POWER OF AGREEMENT

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

Matthew 18:19-20 NIV

One of the things I have learnt in Christ Jesus is that there is always room to learn more. There are many things that we don't understand in God; and without God revealing those things we won't be able to understand them.

Jesus taught us about the power of agreement in prayers, He said: truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. King David who lived almost 1000 BC said the following in His book of Psalms: Oh, how wonderful, how pleasing it is when God’s people all come together as one, Psalms 133:1. 

King David believed in the power of unity and knew that it was the will of God from the beginning for the people of God to live together in unity. Jesus revealed to us that God would answer the prayers of agreement. He may sometimes remain silent if you pray by yourself; but when you bring a prayer mate in your prayers then God will respond to that kind of prayer.

This morning, I want you to know that agreement is a sign of humbleness. If two people agree of doing something for God; this means that these people are humble enough to be able to share the grace of God together. That's why I believe Jesus later finished by saying: For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

The Bible says in James 4:6b, “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” So if you will be humble enough to touch and agree with some in the body of believers who is also the member of team Jesus. Then God will give you double for your trouble; and give you all the grace you need to face and overcome whatsoever the enemy has put before you through prayers of agreement.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with you by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I'm asking that You may send me right people who I can trust with my prayers. Help me to be faithful when someone approaches me in need of prayers. Help me to pray for everyone who asks my help that your name may be glorified and lifted up among the sons of men. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment