Monday, July 21, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS

“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
                                 
Matthew 10:37-39 NIV

The first mention of the cross in Matthew's Gospel. The cross was an instrument of death and here symbolizes the necessity of total commitment-even to the point of death. Cross-bearing includes a willingness to suffer and die for the Lord's sake. (Zondervan NIV Study Bible)

Physical life may be saved by denying Jesus, but eternal life will be lost. Discipleship may result in the loss of physical life, but that loss is insignificant when compared with gaining eternal life. We ought to carry our cross daily and walk in the will of God; this will not always be easy but we need to learn to put our trust to God.

If you will love your father or mother more than the Lord then you are not worth of Him; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than the Lord then they are not worthy of Him. Loving the Lord means putting Him before anyone else or anything else including our own lives. If we want to protect our lives by denying Jesus; then we will lose the eternal life that God has prepared for all of those who love Him.

This morning, I want to encourage you to take up your cross and continue following the Lord in your life. Be willing to suffer for the sake of the Lord, this means when you deny yourself to do things that the world around you is doing. Carrying your cross involves saying no to the status quo of the day and stick on what the world of God says about this life.

May the Lord give you strength to continue walking in His ways. May He give you strength to carry your cross daily and live the life worthy of your call in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

****Morning Prayer****
Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I pray that You may give me strength to carry my cross daily. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment