Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

DON’T TAKE THE BAIT

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

1 Peter 5:8 NKJV

The enemy goes fishing and drop baits to people like the way people drop baits to fishes. Jesus said He will make us to be the fishers of men; He sent us to go to the whole world and tell people about the Good news of the Gospel. The devil came with the same purpose of fishing men but with the wrong motives.

When fisher men drops bait to a fish, a fish may hesitate to eat that bait for a while but eventually it may decide to eat. The time it puts its mouth to eat; it will soon found out that it stuck on the hook. I believe there is nothing that can convince a fish not to eat bait; but there is someone who can prevent us from eating the enemy's bait.

The devil will come to you every day and try to convince you to sin. He will tell you just do this one and no one will ever know and by the way God is going to forgive you. He will come the next day and tell you, see it was fun doing it yesterday. Why don't you do it again today? I promise you that today it will be the last day for you. In the mean time the Spirit of God will be convincing you otherwise and ask you to stay away from every kind of devil's bait.

This morning, God wants you to be aware with the baits of the enemy. The devil will not stop tempting you to sin against the Father; He will always come in one way or another that He may make you sin. You need to be well balanced and watchful in prayers that you may not be caught in one of his traps. He is like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

You need to stay connected with the Spirit of God; make sure you follow His instructions and live a sober life. Make sure you read the Word of God that you may be able to store it in your heart that it may help you in the hour of need. 

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You by the blood of Jesus. Lord I have tried to fight against sin by my own strength by I kept on falling over and over again. I have put many deadlines that I may stop certain behaviors and hidden sins; but so far I haven't succeeded. I pray that You may give me strength I need to overcome sin in my life. Help me to live a sober life in Christ Jesus my Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment