Thursday, April 10, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

WISDOM

For wisdom is better than rubies,
And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.

Proverbs 8:11 NKJV

An ancient tradition among the Jews divided the collection of their holy books into three major divisions: the Law (Pentateuch), the Prophets (Former and Latter) and the Writings. Included within the third division are Psalms and wisdom materials such as Job, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes (also some psalms and probably the Song of Songs). [Zondervan NIV Study Bible]

I was asking myself why God set aside almost five books in the Bible that talk about wisdom. Later I came to understand that wisdom is one of the main things that a person needs in this life. If you read for example the precious book of Proverbs; you will find wisdom needed in every stage of life. God has provided all instructions needed by a person to live a guiltless and noble life before the Lord.

The Book of Proverbs talks about superiority of the way of wisdom, appeals and warning confronting Youth, warnings against rejecting wisdom, wisdom's instructions and benefits, warnings against folly, including warning against adultery and cost of committing adultery, appeals addressed to Youth, and the Ideal wife and so much more. [Proverbs 1:8, 9:18, 1:8-33, 1:20-33, 3:21-35, 6:20-35, 5-7, 8-9, 31:10-31]

This morning, I just want to encourage you to ask God for wisdom. Ask Him to give you the wisdom you need in this life and understanding in all of your dealings. The Bible says wisdom is the principal thing; it will help you avoid many things that others may get in trouble with. It will help you to make better decisions and wait for the right time to do everything in your life.

We need wisdom in the body of Christ; we need people who will be wise enough to help young people to walk in the way of the truth. We need wise older women who will teach younger women to love their husbands and children. We need older minister to teach young ministers to live worth of their calling in Christ Jesus our Lord. I pray that God may grant you wisdom through the power of His Holy Spirit that you live the life that pleases Him in Christ Jesus our Lord.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I have done many mistakes in my life. Some of those mistakes was because I lacked the proper judgment on things and people. I lacked wisdom to help me prevent many problems that I have found myself in them. Today I pray that You may grant me wisdom through the power of your Holy Spirit. Give me understanding ooh Lord, help me to live according to your Word in all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment