Friday, April 18, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

RUN TO GOD

It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in man.
 It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in princes.

Psalm 118:8-9 NKJV

David understood that it was better to run to God than to run to men. When He sinned by counting people, God sent the Gad who was David's seer with three choices of punishment. The LORD gave the following choices to David, three years of famine, three months of being swept away before his enemies, with their swords overtaking him, or three days of the sword of the LORD-days of plague in the land, with the angel of the LORD ravaging every part of Israel.(1 Chronicles 21:8-14)

David responded to Gad by saying, “I am in deep distress. Let me fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is very great; but do not let me fall into human hands.” David knew if he would run to the LORD, he would find mercies and grace. He knew the Lord would not completely cut him off and He would eventually forgive him from all of his sins.

The lesson David is teaching us through His life is that no matter how far we have gone away from God; we need to go back to Him alone and not human beings. He knew that there would always a room for mercy and grace before the hands of the Lord no matter how astray we have gone in our lives. It doesn’t matter how many years you have lived a selfish life of sin; but still as long as you have this breath, then there is a hope for you.

This morning, I just want to encourage you to run to God. He is the only one who can understand what you are going through in life right now. He knows your pain, He knows your good desires and He will sympathize with you in your weaknesses and give you the strength to overcome them.

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Learn to share your things with Jesus instead of telling anyone who comes in your way. You will avoid many things and save yourself the pain that you will have when someone recklessly shares what was meant to be your secret. Jesus will keep your secret and protect your dignity; put your confidence to Him today.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I'm coming before You by the blood of Jesus. Lord I give you all the things in my life; Lord I have many doubts and questions about tomorrow. Lord I struggle with many things within me and I need You to stretch your hand and touch me. Touch me and change whatsoever has gone astray in my life; restore the joy of salvation within me and fill me with the power of your Spirit once again. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment