Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

WHAT IS YOUR PRICE?
 Then one of the Twelve [apostles], who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests
 And said, What are you willing to give me if I hand Him over to you? And they weighed out for and paid to him thirty pieces of silver [about twenty-one dollars and sixty cents].
And from that moment he sought a fitting opportunity to betray Him.
Matthew 26:14-16 AMP
Judas Iscariot sold Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. It was the price of Judas Iscariot which made him to betray our Lord Jesus Christ. Sadly after he betrayed Him, he hanged himself and those who persuaded him to betray the Lord deserted him as well.
When you read in the 27:5, the Bible says: Throwing down the silver pieces he went and hanged himself. Judas did this out of condemnation because he knew that he have sinned by betraying the innocent blood. This is a picture of the price of preferring money over Jesus.
Maybe you have betrayed the Lord in one way or another because of money or material things. You found yourself compromising your faith because you wanted a certain favor from someone or a certain group of people. Money has caused many to sin against the Lord and do things which they didn't imagined that they will one day do in this life.
This morning, I just want you to know that in there is forgiveness of sins in Christ Jesus. We read the example of Apostle Peter who denied the Lord three times; but when he repented, the Lord forgave Him, (Matthew 26:33-34, 75). I don’t know what you have done against the Lord but I know no matter how bad it is, still the Lord can forgive you.
Go to Him by faith and ask for forgiveness from whatever you have done. Ask Him to give you strength to overcome that sin next time when you will be tempted to commit the same sin by the power of His Holy Spirit. Know that the Lord loves you, and He is waiting for you to go to Him today that He may restore you back to Him.
****Morning Prayer****
Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer….

Dear Heavenly Father, please forgive me for choosing preferring world things over You. Give me strength that I may overcome whatsoever which makes me to live in error. Help me to live for you in all days of my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment