Saturday, January 4, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

THORN IN THE FLESH

I will say this: because these experiences I had were so tremendous, God was afraid I might be puffed up by them; so I was given a physical condition which has been a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to hurt and bother me and prick my pride.  Three different times I begged God to make me well again.
 Each time he said, “No. But I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people.” Now I am glad to boast about how weak I am; I am glad to be a living demonstration of Christ’s power, instead of showing off my own power and abilities.

2 Corinthians 12:7-9 TLB

Each of us has what the Bible calls a thorn in the flesh. We read this in the second letter of Paul to Corinthians. Paul talked about all the revelations which the Lord gave him that were so tremendous; but God did not want Paul to feel like he was better than anyone else. So God gave him a thorn in his flesh, an angel from Satan to make him suffer, and keeping him from becoming proud.

Some people have asked themselves questions like why since I started serving the Lord; I see many weaknesses in me than before. One thing you need to understand is this: Before you knew the Lord, there was darkness inside of you but the day you gave your life to Christ, light entered in you. As days went by, when you continued submitting yourself to the will of the Father; the light of Christ became so bright in you and shone in all hidden things in you.

The Lord exposed all your weaknesses before you that you may know that without Him you cannot do anything. He wanted you to know that you were saved by grace but not from your own efforts because there was nothing good in you. His power shows up best in weak people like you; so you should be glad because through Christ all your weaknesses are covered by His blood.

This morning, I just want you to know that this thorn in a flesh it is the one that makes us pray, humble ourselves and return back to God for His grace. If you have Christ in you, that is all you need in this life. He will help you overcome your weaknesses until you are perfected in the day of His coming.

Rejoice because the blood of Christ Jesus covers all of our weaknesses. When we go to God through prayer He forgives our sins and give us strength to continue with our journey of salvation. May the Lord Jesus give you strength to overcome sins in all the days of your life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....


Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your grace. Lord I surrender all my weaknesses into your hands; help me to live according to your plan and purpose in this life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment