Saturday, March 30, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

YOUR GETHSEMANE

Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

Matthew 26: 36-39 NIV

Gethsemane was a place of agony for Jesus before He was betrayed by Judas Iscariot and crucified on the cross. Jesus knew all that will come before him, he knew the pain, the rejection, hatred, and embarrassment which he will face in less than 12 hours from that time he was at Gethsemane. 

Jesus took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee who are John and James along with him, and left other nine disciples in one place. Then Jesus began to be sorrowful and troubled, and he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.'' Jesus took Peter whose name means Rock, John who was His beloved disciple and James who will stand by Him, the faithful one.

There is something to learn from Jesus here, in our Gethsemane, we don't need to bring everyone to see our sorrow and troubled state. We need to have Peter who is a rock to stand by us, we need to have John the one who will love us until the end, and James who will be faithful to us until death. There are people in our lives who for them is enough to pray for us but not with us; because they will not handle our struggling times and hence they will expose our nakedness as weakness to others.

This morning, God wants you to know that there are some cups which you must drink. There are somethings which you must pass in order to reach on the other side. It pleased God for the sons of Israel to cross the red sea that they may go to the land of Canaan. It pleased God to allow His only begotten Son to go on the cross for the redemption of humankind. It may also please Him for you to drink some cups that you may reach to the other dimension of grace.

If you will let the will of God to prevail, and willingly drink that cup which is ahead of you. That is time the Angel of the Lord will come and give you strength as He did for Jesus. They will reject  and hate you but they will not be able to kill you. They will curse and predict every kind of evil to you but none of the above will ever come to pass. Be strong and courageous in the Lord, He is up there watching over you. One thing I know, and I have been assured in the Lord, you will never be alone in your Gethsemane if you will put your trust in Him.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. I'm asking that You may give me strength to drink the cup which is before me at this hour. Help me to endure everything which I need to pass that I may reach on the other side of glory in my life. Send your Angel that He may strengthen me to finish what you have started in me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment