Monday, March 4, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer


A GUEST OF SINNER

But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, “He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.”
Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.”
And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; 10 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Luke 19:7-9 NKJV

I always wonder the love of Jesus to the lost man. Jesus was God, He came in the flesh to save you and me from sin and death.  When he was passing through the streets of Jericho, He met the man who was known as Zacchaeus, the chief tax collector and he was rich. This man was short too short to see above the people which made him climb on sycamore tree.

When Jesus saw him, he said,''“Zacchaeus, hurry! Come down! I must stay at your house today.” When people saw this, they all complained, saying, ''He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.'' The ones who were complaining, were who so call themselves religious people, who followed the Law of Moses but they were walking in the judgmental spirit and refused to the mercy of Christ.

I have seen Jesus changing the lives of many, I was once a religious person, criticizing who so called Born Again Christians. I was thinking they knew nothing, they were just wasting their time, going to church, singing loud, dancing and clapping their hands without any good reason. I thought it was the difficulties of this life that led them to be like that! I thought they were doing that out of desperation and frustration, this is what I was fed with my religious leaders and friends. But I now know that I was wrong!

This morning, God wants you to know that His Son is a guest and a friend of sinner. He wants you to know, that no matter what you have been doing all this time in your life; There is still a room for you in the kingdom of heaven, if you will be willing to let your past go and repent from your heart. He will touch you, He will change you, and your life will never be the same again.

It is not too late! When Zacchaeus was touched by the Lord, He was willing to give half of his goods to the poor, and restored fourfold of anything he took from anyone by false accusation. What a change! What a miracle! What a victory! This is Jesus Christ of Nazareth, what I have just said and wrote is Yes and Amen, to the glory of God the Father.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. This morning, I'm asking You to be my guest, I welcome You in my life. Come Lord, and occupy everything in me, out of me and around me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment