Thursday, March 14, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

LIVING GODLY LIFE

Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world.

1 Peter 2:11-12 NLT

We are living in the world of medias, anything which someone can do in darkness can soon be exposed in the light. When you browse the internet, you may find everything you want to know concerning some great men and women of God. What caught my attention is this, many are doing great things, but at the same time they have what the media call scandals.

There are many scandals concerning our church leaders today. These scandals discourage young Christians in growing up in their salvation. Many Christians find themselves saying this, "If that great man of God did this, how will I be able to live perfectly? I was counting on those people as my leaders in the faith, but now I'm disappointed and I don't know what to do anymore.''

Peter warned the church to know that we are temporary residents and foreigners in this world. He said we should stay away from worldly desires that wage against our souls. Live such good lives among the pagans, that, even though they might say that you are doing wrong they will see the good things you do and will give glory to God on the day when Christ comes again.

This morning, God wants you to know that you need to continue living properly among unbelievers no matter what they shout against you. They may say all you Christians are lying, your leaders are there to accumulate nothing but wealth. There are no evidences of people being healed in your services so it's just fake; and all kind of evil stuffs against the church of Christ and faith, but keep hold on your salvation.

If there some of our leaders with scandals, we are not in the position to judge them. God knows the truth, God knows everything concerning their public and private lives. One thing I know for sure is this, the Word of God is true. Jesus is coming back and you will never enter His kingdom without being born again. That is the truth which I believe, and that is the Gospel which I preach, and it is all about the truth, and if you will know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord help me concentrate on living a holy life, stay away from sin and prepare myself for your second coming as the day approach. Help me to focus in the truth which is found in your Word and nothing less. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment