Sunday, October 19, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

DON'T SETTLE FOR LIES

But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:3 NKJV

If you read the Book of Psalm you will see the personal relationship that King David had with his God. He had such intimate relationship that He could express to Him all what bothered him in his heart. When David sinned, he did not run away from God but he humbled himself and thought forgiveness from his Creator. 

It reached a point in his life when he realized that he couldn't run away from God. He said these words: Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there you hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. (Psalm 139:8-10)

Many who used to be good Christians found themselves backsliding because when they sinned; they run away from God. Instead of humbling themselves before the Lord and seek for His forgiveness and spiritual restoration they run away. The devil deceived them that God wouldn't restore the relationship they had with Him before they sinned; so going back to Him was wasting of time because it was too late for them.

This morning, I want to remind you that the devil is a liar! Our Lord Jesus Christ described Him as murderer from the beginning, who was not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. He said when the devil lies; he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. You need to keep this in mind that the native language [mother language, first language, domestic language, homegrown language, local language, or indigenous language] of the devil is lies.

You were born in the truth so don't settle for lies. God has the same love for you that made Him to send His only begotten Son to save you from sin. He still has the same plan He had for you before the foundation of this world. If you have sinned against the Lord, you need to know there is still time for you to ask for forgiveness and make things right with God. If you do it by faith then God will restore all things that the enemy has taken away from you; and He will restore that relationship you once had with Him.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, here's my heart. Here's my mind, I give you my soul, I need you take control. I have tried to live right on my own but I what I found is I can't make it. Forgive me where I have grieved your precious Spirit. Help to live a life worth of my calling in Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment