Sunday, October 12, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

HE HEARS

I love the Lord because he hears my voice
    and my prayer for mercy.
Because he bends down to listen,
    I will pray as long as I have breath!
 Death wrapped its ropes around me;
    the terrors of the grave overtook me.
    I saw only trouble and sorrow.
 Then I called on the name of the Lord:
    “Please, Lord, save me!”

Psalm 116:1-4 NLT

You can picture God as a big person up there; that rules the whole universe by His mighty strength and does whatever He pleases. You can picture God as someone who is eagerly waiting to punish sinners; and who has prepared an eternal punishment for all who refused to hear His voice in this life.

The Bible shows God in a different way; it shows God of love, the Father of Jesus Christ and the God of glory. The God who is compassionate, long suffering and who defends the widows and the Father of the fatherless. God humbles Himself to behold, the things that are in the heavens and in the earth.

When the Psalmist David called Him, He heard his voice; and this encouraged the Psalmist to continue going before Him in prayers. The Psalmist faced the fear of death; probably he was walking through the valley of the shadow of death. He was in trouble and sorrow, and then he called on the name of the Lord. The Lord heard him, and saved him.

This morning, I want to encourage you to pray because God is going to hear you. I want to encourage you to pray for your needs, pray for your family and pray for your unsaved loved ones. I want to encourage you to pray that you may continue being faithful in your walk with the Lord and to pray for your future.

You need to pray for your future; ask God to show you things yet to come through the power of His Spirit. Ask Him to help you to learn from your past mistakes that you may not repeat them in your future. Ask Him to give you wisdom to make sound decisions and make good investment for your future; by properly use your time according to His will in your life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I pray for my life. I pray that You may meet all of my needs according to your riches and glory in Christ Jesus. I pray that You may touch and save all my unsaved loved ones; open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment