Friday, September 19, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

HE FORGIVES SINS

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Mark 2:17 NIV

If this world was full of righteous people then they would be no need for Jesus to come. When the teacher of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They asked Jesus if they can stone that woman according to the Law of Moses. The Bible says they used that question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing Jesus.

Then Jesus gave them the answer that they didn't expect, He said: "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw as stone at her." Then the Bible continues by saying: Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, began to go away at one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.

The woman thought maybe Jesus will accuse her, but Jesus asked her about her accusers and later He said; "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more." In this example we see the forgiving heart of Jesus; we see the way He handled His mission well by giving a chance to anyone who was willing to repent and leave his old ways.(John 8:1-11)

This morning, I want you to know that Jesus Christ has authority on earth to forgive sins. He said those words Himself in Matthew 9:6:"But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." We all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. We are all sinners who are desperate need a Savior, Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:23)

Don't forget to repent your sins every time you commit them. We do things that hurt the heart of Jesus daily; and therefore we need to live the life of repentance that we may restore our fellowship with Him when we sin. If you are struggling with the burden of sin then it's simple; the door of repentance is still open and you can easily go in and repent your sin before the throne of grace. Jesus will forgive your sins and give you a new beginning. (Hebrews 4:6)

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for sending Jesus to die for my sins. Lord I'm asking that You may forgive me from all of my sins. Lord I'm asking that You may wash me by your blood and make me as pure as snow. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment