Friday, September 12, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

DON’T DOUBT

“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
“Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.  But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down.  

Matthews 14:28-32 NIV

Peter along side with other disciples saw Jesus walking on the water. First they were terrified and thought they had seen a ghost but Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Then Peter replied by saying, "Lord, if it's you, "tell me to come to you on the water." The Lord said, "Come". (Matthew 14:22-29)

Peter got down out of the boat by faith, and he walked on the water towards Jesus. But when He saw the wind, he was afraid, and he began to sink. Peter stopped concentrating on the majesty and power of the Lord who called him out the boat and looked on the wind. Then fear entered him and he began to sink. When he saw he was sinking, he cried out, "Lord, save me!"

The Bible says; Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” In other words it was the doubt that made Peter to sink and not the wind. The wind was there also when Jesus was walking on water; but He didn't allow doubt that's why He walked towards the boat which His disciples were in.

This morning, I want to encourage you to stop looking on the wind and start living by faith. Many things may come in your way; you may lose your job, struggle with broken relationships and sometimes even lose your loved ones. All these things can't change the fact that God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

You need to learn to trust God even in your darkest hours; where you can't even see what is before you. The fact that you cannot see what your future holds; does not change the fact that God see it all and has plan to give you hope in your final outcome. I want to encourage you to live by faith and look on Jesus who is the author and finisher of your faith.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I'm asking that You may help to live by faith and not by sight. Lord help me to trust You in all seasons of my life; knowing that You have plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. In Jesus' Name, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment