Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

OUR LIVES

Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom. 

Psalm 90:10, 12 NIV

Job says man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble, Job 14:1. We all face different troubles in this life. Sometimes years seem to pass faster and old age tends to come so quickly as we once thought.

If you ask people who are fifty years old now; they will tell you that it was just yesterday when they were in their twenties. They don't understand how they finished school, get married, have kids and now they are starting to get old. Life passed like a snapshot and events took place so quickly.

The Psalmist David said: Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty. Then He continued by saying but most of them are filled with hard worn and pain. Then, suddenly, the years are gone, and we fly away. Every one of us can testify on these words, we need to work hard that we may succeed; in the mean time there are many things that cause pain in this life and without God we can't endure all of them.

This morning, I want you to know that our lives are short so we need to ask God to give us wisdom to live it according to His plan. If the Spirit of the Lord is directing you to do something right now; then do it without any questions because you don't know what tomorrow holds.

Don't say I will serve the Lord when I'm old; or I will start going to church in my fifties. You never know if you will reach that age, whatever time you have right now; use it for the Lord. Whatever opportunities you get right now; use them for the extension of the kingdom of God and put into heart these words of Solomon: Remember your Creator while you are young, before the bad times come—before the years come when you say, “I have wasted my life.” (Ecclesiastes 12:1)

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I'm asking that You may give me the wisdom I need in this life. Teach me to number my days and to live each day for your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment