Sunday, September 14, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

PRAY FOR YOUR FRIENDS

Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.

Proverbs 13:20 NIV

Friends are people who influence us in many ways even more than our immediate family members. The Bible says: One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother, Proverbs 18:24. Here when the Bible talks about a friend who sticks closer than a brother; it means that friend is Jesus Christ who can be with you in all seasons of your life.

Another meaning is that in life there are those few special people who tend to stick with us as much as they can. The writer of the book of Proverbs says: As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend, Proverbs 27:17. This means that our friends play a major role in shaping our behaviors and influence our decisions making.

There are fights in many marriages because some spouses are listening to friends more than they way they listen to their life mates. Many people made some stupid decisions that they later regretted; because they were influenced by friends. Some Christian tends to listen to friends more than they way the listen to the Spirit of God. Friends can be a good thing to each one of us; but sometimes they can cause problems in our lives if we will not learn the art of self-control in our conduct with our friends.

This morning, I want to encourage you to pray for friends who are in your life right now. Not all friends are from God; I remember there was a time I set down and asked God to remove all people who are not from Him. I ended up losing even my closest friends who I shared most of my time with them.

It troubled me a lot losing those friends but I had agreement with someone who also prayed the same. She ended up looking friends who were in her life for years; later we remembered that we prayed that God may take away anyone who is not supposed to be in our lives. We thanked Him and continued with our lives. When God took away those people in our lives; I learned that the part of their story was over and God wanted to take us in another dimension of grace without them.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for all my friends who have given me in this life. Lord I'm asking that You may give me wisdom that I may be able to choose good friends who will help me to grow more in You and not take me away from You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment