Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

SING FOR THE LORD


I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.


Psalm 104:33 NIV

Songs have been used by different cultures to express their heart felt messages in the community. They help people to forget their present circumstances by concentrating on the melody of the song. They have been used during work to encourage people to work hard and used by freedom fighters who encouraged themselves through songs and delivered their messages through songs. 

We see when the children of Israel crossed the red sea, they Sing of Moses and Miriam. They praised the Lord for saving them from the hands of Egyptians and fulfill the promise He made to His servant Moses, Exodus 15. King David was song writer, singer, and he knew to use different instruments. He used songs to express his love for God and encouraged others to trust in the Lord God.

There is one record in the Book of Matthew that shows Jesus sang a hymn with His disciples before His crucifixion on the Cross which is also recorded in the book of Mark, Matthew 26:30, Mark 14:26. The Bible gives the record of Paul and Silas who sang hymns in the prison until the iron doors of the prison broke loose and everyone's chain came loose, Acts 16:25-26. This shows that there is tremendous power released when  we lift our voices up to the Lord through praise and worship songs.

This morning, I just want to encourage you to use songs as the way of seeking the face of the Lord in your life. You may say I don't have a voice, I don't know how to sing but in your personal prayers you don't need to sing as well as a certain known Gospel singer. You need just to sing from your heart and enjoy the music that comes from the bottom parts of your heart.

Another good way to pray is to put a song that you are familiar with and use that song as the means to help you concentrate on what you are praying for. Sing for the Lord, praise Him for giving you the gift of life. He has given you many blessings in your life and took you places that you couldn't even imagine. The devil fears people who praise the Lord because he knows that those people give their everything before the Lord through those songs.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, help me to praise your name in my life. Help me to sing for you in all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment