Friday, March 21, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

LIFE OF REPENTANCE

As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
    make straight paths for him.
 Every valley shall be filled in,
    every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
    the rough ways smooth.
 And all people will see God’s salvation.’”

Luke 3:4-6 NIV

We hear sad stories about people who said they will be back home at dinner, but they never came back. There are people who traveled and promised to meet us after few days or weeks but that was their way to say goodbye for us. All these loss experiences of our loved ones teach us that all of us will die one day.

We are walking with death in our bodies; we don't have a guarantee that we will even get to see tomorrow. You are happy that you have woken up and now you are planning for your day; but believe me or not there is a house somewhere in the world that people are crying because one of their loved ones is gone while they are were sleeping. There is a big question that what happens after death? 

There are some who believe that after we die, there is no more life. We are done here, that's why they tend to maximize every opportunity they get and they live the life without fearing anything including sin. For us who have heard and seen Jesus operating in our lives; we know through Scriptures that there is life after death. We know that God will judge us according to what we have done in this body; we know that Jesus has prepared a heavenly City for us who have given our lives to Him in this world.

This morning, I just want to encourage you to live the life of repentance. I know that you are still struggling in many things like we all do. I know that you are not perfect but I know that you have Jesus who can help you toward that day when you will finally be all that Christ saved you for and wants you to be.

In the mean time, you need to be prepared every day, hour and second. Prepare for the coming of the Lord; in order when He comes at any time you may be ready. If you will be among those who will be raptured alive to meet the Lord in the clouds then you need to be ready. If you will be among those who will be called from their graves to meet the Lord in the clouds then you need to be ready too! 

****Morning Prayer****
Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to live the life worth of my calling. Help me to be prepared for your coming everyday; I put my soul in your hands and I will be ready the time you will call me back to You. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment