Thursday, March 13, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

BURDEN FREE

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.

Matthew 11:28-30 NLT

Once someone said that worrying is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere. In other words you can worry about many things and end up doing nothing. Worrying in itself it doesn't bring forth any profit to you; but instead it will make you miserable and open doors for other friends of his such as depression.

There are many Christians who are carrying different burdens and they don't want to surrender them to the Lord. It's like praying this way; Jesus I surrender my children, spouse, and finance but I will make sure I fight this hereditary disease or behavior on my own. There are another group of people who surrender their burdens to Jesus on Sunday and then take them back on Monday and walk with them for the rest of the week.

I believe when Jesus said, Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. He meant that we need to let go every single tiny detail of our lives to Him. He wanted us to surrender everything and worry about nothing. He knew that without surrendering all we would not have the rest we desperately needed from Him. 

This morning, I just want to challenge you to surrender everything to the Lord including those you have been hiding in your closet. Don't be like those who surrender their life to the Lord but fight their own battles in the flesh. If there are people who are giving you hard time; you don't need to fight with them in the flesh and blood.  Surrender them to the Lord and use divine weapons that have power to destroy strongholds.

Surrender everything to the Lord Jesus and live a burden free life. The Lord is waiting you to give all things to Him. He doesn't want you to continue worrying and end up with nothing; He wants you to have faith in Him and end up getting your answers. Make a decision today, that you may continue to mature in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I surrender everything in your hands. Help me to continue trusting You in everything; while having this assurance that all things will work together for my own good. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment