Sunday, March 2, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

GOAL

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 17:3 NKJV

If you are a Christian one of the question that you need to ask yourself is what is your goal in life. There was recent a poll held in United States asked 18-25-year-old what their goal in life was, 51 percent said their goal was to be famous, 30 percent said their goal was to help people who needed help, and 22 percent said their goal was to be leaders in their community. Then percent said their goal was to be more spiritual.

Our No.1 goal should be to know God. If we chase after fame and fortune, then we will end up like all the others who have done so, (Greg Laurie). Our goal should be to seek ways of being closer to God; seek His face daily and understand what His word says.

Many Christians are destroyed due to the lack of knowledge rather than lack of gifts or talents. Many have gifts but they don't have a needed knowledge on how they are supposed to operate in them. There are many problems that people in the church face that could be avoided if they would have full known the God whom they serve. They have put their priorities in other things that are subjected to limitations and they have forgotten God who has no limits.

This morning, I just want to challenge you to start reconsidering your goals if they are according to the will of God in your life. You need to ask yourself the questions like Am I doing what the Lord called me to do in this life; or I'm doing what I do because of money or any other hidden reasons? Do I seek the face of the Lord? Do I pray accordingly as the word instruct me?

Using the name of Jesus is familiar thing in our lips, but one question we need to ask ourselves is that; do we real know this Jesus who we mention every now and then? Are you the one who thinks the Pastor is the one who is supposed to seek the face of the Lord on your behalf but not you? Do you wait for people pray, fast and seek the face of the Lord and that they may come to pray for you? Examine yourself and ask the Lord to help you change for His glory.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I want my No.1 goal in life should be to know You. Help me to attain that goal. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment