Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

THORN IN THE FLESH

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 NIV

We see in the scriptures how Paul the Apostle struggled in his weakness. He described that weakness as the thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, who was tormenting him. The Bible is not clear to mention specific which thorn was in Paul flesh; but it shows how three times Paul asked the Lord to take that thorn away from him.

The Lord answered, "“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Here the Lord was telling Paul is the one who is responsible to help us in our weaknesses. He was telling Paul that his power will not be effective in him: if there will be nothing in power which needed the power from above to control it. 

Weaknesses tend to exceed our ability of control that's why it get to be advent outside. So in order we can have control in any kind of weakness which tend to bring a mark in our lives; we need the Lord to help us. The Lord is the one who can remove any kind of labels which people attached on our lives because of our weakness.

This morning, God wants you to know that His grace is sufficient for you, for His power is made perfect in weakness. You may be asking yourselves many questions on how you will overcome that known weakness which has made you to look miserable over the years. It is  just like every time you try to hide it, you add kerosene in the fire and it gets to be seen with even those who you did not want them to know.

This has troubled you and you have even given up if you can overcome it. The good news is this, the Lord is more than willing to help you cover that weak side of you by His blood. His blood is sufficient to cover all your wrong doings, to take away all those labels which have been attached with your identity. Submit your weakness this morning, ask Him to be your guide and His grace will cover you and your weakness.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord let me be honest with you, this weakness of mine (mention it) makes to feel like I will never be like You. But I know that your grace is sufficient for me, I will not see you by my good works, but through your grace. Help me in my weakness, may your power rest on me that I may have peace in You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment