Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

TEN COMMANDMENTS 10

“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Exodus 20: 17  NIV

While I was reading commentaries about this tenth and last commandment; I came across with some thoughts from one of the commentary which blew my mind as I was reading. This law is about covetousness which means excessively and culpably desirous of the possessions of another. 

Covetousness works like this: the eyes look upon an object, the mind admires it, the will goes over to it, and the body moves in to possess it. Just because you have not taken the final step does not mean you are not in the process of coveting right now.

You shall not covet your neighbor's house,wife, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey. Covetousness can be expressed towards all sorts of things; it is the itch to have and to possess what someone else has. It speaks of a dissatisfaction with what we have, and a jealously towards those who have something “better.” (David Guzik's Commentary on Ten Commandments)

This morning, God wants you to be aware of covetousness (greed) because life is not about having a lot  of materials possessions. Desiring to have a blessing or a talent of someone else is to prevent God to bless you and give you a talent of your own. 

You don't need to be like someone out there, there is no need for you to desire to live like them or feel bad because you don't have the life which they have. The Bible says in Hebrews 13:5,''Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Be encouraged, no matter what happens in your life, God will never leave nor forsake you.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that you may forgive me the time I desired to get something which is not mine. There are times which I did all in my power to get something which was not rightful mine. Teach me to be content with what I have and be faithful to another man's property. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment