Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

GOSSIP 

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

Psalm 51:10-12 NKJV

Many of the times we like to point fingers to others; telling about their weaknesses and mistakes in life. Even in the body of Christ the sin of gossip is widespread; we like to talk about others people faults more than the way we like to talk about things of God.

There are those small groups in the church that tend to discuss brother so and so or sister so and so stuffs. When they are done they tend to pretend like they will pray for them while knowing that won't happen. One day someone said, gossip is like a secret craving. We say we don’t like it, but when it’s within reach, we almost can’t resist it. We get a sudden appetite to know what we don’t know… about somebody else. 

The writer of the Book of Proverbs says; People love to hear gossip. It is like tasty food on its way to the stomach, Prov 18:8. Gossip does not only involve sharing the dirty details about a person's life just for fun; but it involves listening as well. The Bible says; Wrongdoers eagerly listen to gossip; liars pay close attention to slander, Proverbs 17:4.

This morning, ask God to create in you a clean heart, and renew a faithful spirit within you. Ask the Lord to help you in your weaknesses and struggles in life. Focus on your faults instead of looking other people faults and pass your judgment on them.

If you have sinned against the Lord, then God before Him asking for His forgiveness. Ask Him to give you strength to overcome whatsoever you are facing right now in life. Ask the Lord to deliver you and set you free from every kind of satanic bondage in your life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, forgive me for gossiping. Lord I'm asking that You may help me to focus on You and how I will be able to obey your commandments in my life. Help me to seek your face more and more everyday instead of seeking others people things that won't profit me at all. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment