Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Morning with Ebenezer

HE IS A MERCIFUL GOD

Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,
    who, O Lord, could ever survive?

But you offer forgiveness,
    that we might learn to fear you.


Psalm 130:3 NLT


There are many gods in this world.Some are found in the seas, some in the air, others in trees, others in caves and mountains but today I will talk about my God. I will tell you about the God who created the heavens and earth and everything which is in it. This God created human being according to His own image and likeness( Genesis 1:26). This God is a merciful God and I say again is the God of mercies.


Some gods which humans worship are the gods of wars, others are the gods of rain, gods of wood, gods of the tribes and clans. These gods are being offered the sacrifices of blood and most of the time it is the blood of a man and they are being worshiped in fear  but not in love. My God is a good God who sent Jesus Christ as the lamb to be slaughter for the sins of this world.


The Psalmist David said, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever stand? David knew how other gods treated their folks who sinned against them. The punishment of sin to those gods was death without any discussion. The Bible calls Satan as the god of this world (2 Cor 4:4); this god offers the reward of eternal death to all  those who saved him faithful but my God, the God of Jesus Christ offers the reward of eternal life to all who saved Him faithful.


This morning, I want to remind you to meditate on this;'' If God would kept the record of your sins, would you be here until now?'' God offers forgiveness of sins that we may learn to fear Him. He wants us to worship Him in the spirit and truth by considering His love which He showed there on the old ragged cross.He is nothing like Satan who the Bible calls Him the enemy of all what is right in the sight of God.


If you will start meditate on what God has done for you, His  great mercies which kept you alive until this day. That day you were sick and all people knew that you would die but God intervened and made you whole. Thinking about those days you gave up, and you wanted just to die and God sent His word through His servants and you came alive again. You will always have the reason to praise, worship and love God from the depths of your heart.


****Morning Prayer****


Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....


Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking through the blood of your precious Son Jesus, that You may teach my heart to always cherish and remember what you have done to me there on the cross. Teach me to love You that I may worship you in reverent fear.



No comments:

Post a Comment