Saturday, September 5, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

VISION COMES WITH GIFTS

After they had been in custody for some time, each of the two men—the cup-bearer and the baker of the king of Egypt, who were being held in prison—had a dream the same night, and each dream had a meaning of its own.

When Joseph came to them the next morning, he saw that they were dejected. So he asked Pharaoh’s officials who were in custody with him in his master’s house, “Why do you look so sad today?”
 “We both had dreams,” they answered, “but there is no one to interpret them.” Then Joseph said to them, “Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams.”

Genesis 40:4b-8 NIV

Joseph was in prison; God was with him and showed him mercy. He gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. And the keeper of the prison committed to Joseph's hand all the prisoners who were in the prison; whatever they did there, it was his doing. 

One day, the cup-bearer and the baker of the king of Egypt offended their master, the king of Egypt. Pharaoh was angry with his two officials, and put them in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, in the same prison where Joseph was confined. The captain of the guard assigned them to Joseph, and he attended them. We see the gift of leadership inside Joseph operating in prison; it was one of the gifts that came with the vision of his life.

One can say why bad things happen for good people. What I have come to learn in my walk with the Lord; and the ministry that He gave me is that nothing happens by accident. God is the one who order my steps; He predestined every event that had taken place in my life to prepare me for my destiny. Sometimes we find ourselves in the middle of deep messes of life; and most of the time we tend to blame God without knowing that He is being set us up for greatness.

This morning, I want you to know that God will not give you a certain vision without giving you gifts that will help you to fulfill it. The Bible says, "A man’s gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men, Proverbs 18:16. The cup-bearer and the baker of the king of Egypt had dreams, and Joseph was the one who helped them interpretate those dreams. God sent those Pharaoh officials to prison that one day one of them would mention Joseph to Pharaoh.

Joseph had a gift of leadership in him that operated in all areas including the prison. He had the gift of interpreting dreams that brought him before Pharaoh. I believe God gave you some gifts too, if you don't know your gifts ask the Lord to show you. I believe he gave you those gifts according to the vision that He gave you. If he destined you to be a financial adviser to others; then you know why he gave you ability to manage numbers than all in your circle of influence.

If he destined you to work with children, now you may know why you have a great desire to see children are safe and loved. If he destined you to work in designing and art field, now you may know why you have such a creative mind and good eye to recognize the good work of art. If he destined you to be a mechanic, then you may know why you know cars like you are the one who made them. These are few examples, but I want you to connect both your gifts and vision you have in life that you may be able to understand your purpose in life. We shall continue with our Vision series tomorrow. God bless you!

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your word. Help me to know my gift and understand my vision in life; that I may walk in your purpose that You have for me.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment