Saturday, September 19, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

FACING THE GIANTS BY FAITH

David said to Goliath, “You are coming to fight against me with a sword, a spear and a javelin. But I’m coming against you in the name of the Lord who rules over all. He is the God of the armies of Israel. He’s the one you have dared to fight against. This day the Lord will give me the victory over you. I’ll strike you down. I’ll cut your head off. This day I’ll feed the bodies of the Philistine army to the birds and wild animals. Then the whole world will know there is a God in Israel.The Lord doesn’t rescue people by using a sword or a spear. And everyone here will know it. The battle belongs to the Lord. He will hand all of you over to us.”

1 Samuel 17:45-47 NIRV

In life we have spiritual giants that hinder us to proceed in life. These giants some are inherited from our forefathers. These giants can be in the form of inherited diseases that keep on appearing in every new generation. If there was cancer in the family that claimed the life of some members of the family; then it is mostly like to seek the life of another member of the family if that giant won't be dealt with in the spiritual realm.

Goliath gave hard time the children of Israel; he was one of the five remaining giants in the land during David era. He was a mighty hero who came out of the Philistine camp, He was more than nine feet tall [appx. 9'9"]. Some suggests that David was 5'2" tall when he faced Goliath. Goliath stood there and shouted to the soldiers of Israel. He said, “Why do you come out and line up for battle? I’m a Philistine. You are servants of Saul. Choose one of your men. Have him come down and face me. If he’s able to fight and kill me, we’ll become your slaves. But if I win and kill him, you will become our slaves and serve us.”

Every morning and evening Goliath came forward and stood there. He did it for 40 days. No one seemed to be brave enough to face Goliath until when David came into the picture. David said these words to Goliath before killed him, “You are coming to fight against me with a sword, a spear and a javelin. But I’m coming against you in the name of the Lord who rules over all. He is the God of the armies of Israel. He’s the one you have dared to fight against. This day the Lord will give me the victory over you. I’ll strike you down. I’ll cut your head off.

It may be possible that there is no one who seems to be courageous enough to face that giant in your family. Many have bowed down to it as the way the children of Israel did to Goliath. People in your family are saying, this is the family disease and there is nothing you can do about it. Some families have women who always have miscarriages in every second or third pregnancies. Miscarriages have become the new normal in your family. They have occurred many times in such a way no one seems to be shocked by them anymore.

This morning, I want to urge you to activate the giant slayer inside of you. It is about time for you to say enough is enough! Don't continue to allow certain diseases to bull the members of your family; it is about time for you to do something about it. Use the faith that you have in Christ Jesus to strike that giant down, and cut its head off. The whole world will know that there is God in your life after you have overcome that giant. The battle belongs to the Lord. He will hand that giant over to you.
   
God wants to put an end to that problem in your family that's why He has sent you this message. We will continue this series of Faith tomorrow and talk more about this subject of giants. I believe God wants to use these daily messages to help us slay all the giants in our families. God bless you!

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and a God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your word. Lord I'm asking that You may help me use the faith I have in Christ Jesus to slay all the giants in my family. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment