Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV

We have our fellows in the body of Christ who always is all about them. These people desire to be blessed than all people, to be known as great and respected Christians than all who ever lived. They like to be praised that they know God than all people, and they like their opinions to be respected and followed with all people; because they consider themselves more spiritual than all who surround them.

They mostly use the first personal pronoun such as ''I'' in all of their talks. You will hear them saying, ''I want them to know that me as the greatest singer in the group. I have I'm the best preacher in town, I have been gifted more than my local church Pastor. I'm the most intelligent person in the class and so on''.

In other words these people are selfish! They want their own glory instead of the glory of Christ. There is old African proverbs which says;'' If you want to go fast, go alone. But if you want to go far go together. The Bible says that we were created in Christ Jesus to do good works; I believe these good works which God prepared for us do, He wanted us to do for others.

This morning, God wants you to know that He has blessed you with many gifts and talents that you may use them to bless others. God did not give you greater understanding than your fellow colleagues that you may boast, no Sir!; but He gave it to you in order that you can be a blessing for the weak in that area.

There is unexplainable joy found in sharing what you have with others. When you understand in this life it is not all about but there are others who need you too. You will live the long life of joy and satisfactions. You will be a walking miracle to many, a good news from afar and a song of hope in the mouth of the weak. It will be God who works in you, and all the people will see Him instead of you.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may help me to do the good works which you prepared in advance for me in Christ Jesus. That I may live your example in this world, and know that You gave me gifts for the benefit of others in the Church.In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment