Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

GOOD DEEDS

Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made. It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home. When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’

Matthew 25:34-36 ERV

There are those people who come in our lives with needs. Everyday we find ourselves in the middle of people who seek our help in one way or another. Some are people who we are well familiar with them and others are strangers. There six areas which are mentioned in the twenty  five chapter of the Book of Matthew which represents six kind of needs which most of have in this life.

The need of food, water, the need of place to stay i.e the sense of belonging. The need of something to put on, the need to be cared when they are physically weak, especially when they are sick. Then need to be remembered and loved when they are in prison, whether a physical or spiritual prison; for example being possessed by demons. When we do good deeds to these people, we are doing to Jesus himself, and we shall be rewarded in the judgement day.

We are living in the selfish world, which everyone mind his own business. Nobody no longer cares for poor and those in need. The difference between who have and have not is huge! No one real bothers to hear the cry and groanings of his neighbor. It is the call for Christians, born again believers that the world and its system may change but the word of God will not change. Jesus commanded us to love, and that command is eternal.

This morning, I have a questions for you. Are you still active in helping those who come with needs in your life? Do you have the same love which you had when you knew the Lord, or your love have grown cold? This is the wake up call for you. You need to reposition yourself, and know that God blessed you with all those things which you have now; because He wanted you to become blessing to others.

Pope Paul the Second one day said; “Nobody is so poor that he or she has nothing to give, and nobody is so rich that he or she has nothing to receive.” You have something to give for someone one who is in need. Always remember whatsoever good deed you will do for people in this world especially those of the household of faith, you will be doing it to Jesus. 


****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may rekindle the fire of love inside of me. That I may walk in my first love which I had the day I knew you, and knowing whatever I do for these people of yours, am doing it for you. In Jesus' Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment