Friday, January 11, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

FALSE PERCEPTION


But the Lord said to Samuel, “Eliab is tall and handsome, but don’t judge by things like that. God doesn't look at what people see. People judge by what is on the outside, but the Lord looks at the heart. Eliab is not the right man.”

1 Samuel 16:7 ERV

Perception is the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.The term false perception may refer to a number of different things. A person may have false perceptions about the world around them, their bodies, or information that they think they know correctly. Today I will talk about the false perception which most of us we have against our neighbors.

For years now, I have been analyzing the trend of my judgement towards people actions and behaviors. I have now discovered that most of the time I have perceived them falsely. Most of the time I defined people wrongly; I judged them by looking the outward appearance and the information which I had in my mind. Later I realized that what I was thinking about different people it was not what God had in mind for them; and this proved me wrong to all my personal judgement which I had before.

Prophet Samuel when God sent him to anoint the king in the house of Jesse, the Father of the Psalmist David. He had a wrong perception about how the next King of Israel will be. The first King of Israel who was Saul, the Bible gives this account concerning him: Kish had a son named Saul, who was a handsome young man. There was no one more handsome than Saul. He stood a head taller than any other man in Israel, 1 Samuel 9:2. 

Since Saul was tall and handsome than all man in Israel, I believe Samuel thought the next king will be just like him or more superior than the first one in outside appearance. This is why, when all seven brothers of David passed before him in whom the Lord rejected them all. God had to spoke to Samuel that his perception was quite the reverse from ours; because we judge by what is on the outside but the Lord looks at the heart, Hallelujah! What a mighty God we serve!

This morning, God wants you to change the perception which have been having against your neighbor. You have been judging him by looking the outward appearance but God wants you to start looking everything from inside out. He wants you to understand that all things which takes place in fleshly realm they start from spiritual realm. If you see certain problem or behavior in the outside which annoys you; don't just rush and hate that person but as the child of God you need to wage a war with that problem in the spiritual realm; and it will automatically disappear in the fleshly realm.

****Morning Prayer****


Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....


Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord please forgive for having false perception against my brothers and sisters in Christ. Help me to be a compassionate person, that I may be able to carry the burdens of my neighbors in prayers while believing for their change  in behaviors and characters. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment