Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

LISTEN TO HIS VOICE

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

John 10:27-28 NIV

Every time when I write Morning with Ebenezer; I pray to God that if it won't touch all its reader then it should touch at least a single soul. I pray that it may touch at least one person and change something inside that person. If it happens it touches many, then blessed be the name of the Lord; but that single person who I believe God touch will me keep writing.

Today I want to talk about listening to the voice of God. I have discovered in my personal life and life of many of us. When we go before God with our needs in prayers, we are the ones who do all the talking and when we are done. We get out of His presence and continue with our lives.

One of the common complains among Christians, that I have been hearing for years is that God doesn't speak to them. Some of us think like God talks to so called powerful spiritual persons; if that was the case God would give the Bible only to them. He wouldn't allow His precious Word to spread across the whole earth. This means that He wants to speak to each one of us, if we will be willing to listen to His voice.

This morning, I want you to know that God is willing to speak to you if you will be willing to listen. When you go before Him in prayers, don't make haste to get out of His presence. When you have praise, worship and prayed before Him; sit down and spend enough time listening to His response.

God always speaks to us; He may speak to us through ideas that won't leave us alone for days, weeks or months. He may speak to us in a small still voice inside of our souls as He spoke to Elijah the Prophet. The voice of the Lord is calm, it doesn't forces us to do things but it keeps on telling us what the right direction to follow is. It allows our conscience to decide whether to follow or ignore it. When the Lord speaks, His voice comes with His peace inside our souls.

He may speak to us through visions, dreams or prophetic gift among us. He may direct us to open His word and speak to us through His sacred Scriptures or anyone in our circle of influence. I want to challenge you to start listening to His voice and stop complaining. You are precious before His eyes, He wants to speak to you too so start listening to Him.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer...

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to start listening to your voice and obey it. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment