Sunday, August 2, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

PRISON OF UNFORGIVENESS

“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.

Ephesians 4:26-27 NKJV

Many Christians struggle in the area of forgiveness. I know by experience is not easy to forgive someone who hurt you so bad. If someone comes and tell you that it easy to forgive then just know that person hasn't been hurt where it real hurts.

I made my mind that I will forgive people who hurt me that I may live in the freedom of the Lord. I came to discover that unforgiveness is the self created prison that will take away your freedom and steal your joy in life. I came to realize that when I forgive someone, I set myself free from hate, bitterness and the desire to revenge.

Many of us go to Church every week and we consider ourselves as good and faithful Christians but our souls are in prison. We have carried people inside of us for years, we ask ourselves why we tend to be so miserable and sometimes fail to enjoy what life has to offer. Deep down we have prison guards who make sure we continue being bitter because of what people did to us.

This morning, I want to ask you to forgive. I know for sure you won't be able to experience the joy of your salvation and enjoy the fellowship with the Holy Spirit if you will not forgive that person that you have been carrying all these years. Many people fail to reach their potential in life because they can't forgive; sometimes people who will help us to reach our maximum potential are the ones who hurt us along the way. You need to learn to look beyond their faults and look what is good and noble before the eyes of our Lord Jesus Christ.

There are those people who say words or do things to us and hurt us unintentionally. If you will be mad to those people and sometimes even refuse to share what you felt when they did those things that end up hurting you. You will end up being a bitter person; you will allow the enemy to use you. You won't get your breakthroughs in life, and you won't experience the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ in its fullest. 

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I'm asking that You may help me to forgive. Lord many times I said I will forgive those who hurt me but I ended up carrying those burdens all over again. Help me Lord, I need your help. Help me to let go those hurts that I may break this prison inside of me; help me to be at peace with them and love them. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment