Saturday, August 22, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

OLD AGE

And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to all who are to come.

Psalms 71:18 NASB

We will all get old; aging is inevitable as long as we have this breath of life. There are some people who age happily and full of energy within; while there are some people who age with many regrets and guilty.

How you will age it depends on how you spent your youth-hood. The decisions that we are making right now, will highly influence our aging. If you will decide to spend all what you are making right now and save none for retirement, you will get old broke. People who will control their spending, invest, and buy the things that last such as land, will age peacefully than those who wasted all in their youth.

I desire to age peacefully, I pray that God may help me fulfill my purpose in this life. I pray that He may give me strength to love the wife of my youth, and spend enough time with my children that I may have no regrets when I get old. There are many of us who are busy with life, and we forget to treasure things that matter in life such as family. We have time for everyone else out there; but we don't have time for our spouses and children.

This morning, I want to remind you to prepare for old age. We are being taught to live for today, it’s a good thing; but we should also prepare for tomorrow. The Bible teaches us to learn from the ant, it says, “Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.” (Proverbs 6:6-8)

Ants have no prince or governor or rule to make them work, but they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. These are wise creatures; they know that the time will come where they will no longer be able to do what they do in the summer. So they prepare for that particular time, and we are supposed to do the same. I desire to see that day the Lord will tell me, "'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' (Matthew 25:23)

I desire to hear the Lord telling you the same words. All that won't be possible if won't give ourselves completely to God in this present time. We need to prepare ourselves for old age and know that one day we will all die, and you don't want to die with regrets or before finish the work that the Lord has given you. Make sure you make the plans to achieve all of it today, and the Lord God will be with you. 

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your word. Lord help me to respond to what You have spoken and make the necessary changes I need to make in my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment