Sunday, November 30, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

PRESSING ON TOWARD THE GOAL

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:12-14 NIV

We have seen God using mere man just like you and me throughout the history. The Bible gives account of men of God who once where sinners; but when the time came God saved them from their evil ways. One example of them was Paul the Apostle who persecuted the church of Jesus Christ.

One of the things I learnt from these wonderful men of God is that they didn't let their past compromise what God had prepared for them in the future. They knew no matter how they messed up in their past; God was able to restore what the enemy had stole. Then bless them with many blessings that He had prepared for them before the foundation of the world.

Paul had a goal to fulfill in his life; he knew that there was a race he had to run and at the end of the day to receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling all of us. There is a heavenly prize for you too in God; you need to finish your race that you may reach the goal that you may be worth to receive the prize.

This morning, I want to encourage you to keep pressing toward the goal. Keep doing what God has placed in your heart to do in the body of Christ. Keep serving in the area where God has called you to serve in the Church of Jesus Christ. Don't let your past destructs you and cause you to stop doing the work of God in your life.

You need to know that there are many people who served God faithful and now they are heaven with Jesus. This is your time, serve the Lord with all of your heart, mind and soul; use every second for His glory. God will never leave or forsake you so no matter what comes in your way; don't lose heart knowing He is right there with you always.

****Morning Prayer****
Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I'm asking for strength to keep moving towards my goal in Christ Jesus my Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment