Monday, November 24, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

FEAR GOD

“I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Luke 12:4-5 NIV

The Bible teaches us that our soul will live forever, but not all souls will be grouped at the same place. After the death of this body, God in the last day will raise those who have done good to live and raise those who have done evil will to be condemned.

Jesus said that we should not be afraid with those who kill the body and after that can do no more. In other words, we should not be afraid with a mortal man who can threaten to ruin your life or kill you if you will not follow what he wants. There are our fellows Christians in different parts of the globe who face persecution and their lives are being threaten because of their faith. Some lost their properties and good name in the society because they converted to Christianity; and many are living in fear because they are being hunted like animals.

There are those who are being persecuted by family members or abused by their spouse; because they chose to follow the Lord. There are those who have been excluded by their friends; because they simply chose to be right with God. There are those who are being laughed because of their faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. I don't know which pressure you are experiencing right now but I have a word for you.

This morning, I want to encourage you to continue fearing God.  Solomon says, "My child, if sinners try to lead you into sin, do not follow them. They will say, “Come with us. Let’s ambush and kill someone; let’s attack some innocent people just for fun. My child, do not go along with them; do not do what they do. (Proverbs 1:10-11, 15, NCV)

There are people who may try to lead you into sin in your work area, family or group of friends. The Bible teaches us to stay away from people who may cause us to sin regardless their positions in this life. Fear God and stay away from sin, know that everything you do has consequences. If you will live the life of sin you will face shame and everlasting confusion; but if you live according to the word of God you will live forever with the Lord.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I'm asking that You may give me boldness to live for You. Help me to do your will and stand for the truth in all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment