Sunday, November 2, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

YOU CAN CHANGE

Jabez was honorable above his brothers; but his mother named him Jabez [sorrow maker], saying, because I bore him in pain. Jabez cried to the God of Israel, saying, Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and You would keep me from evil so it might not hurt me! And God granted his request.

1 Chronicles 4:9-10 AMP

There are some of us who had many bad experiences in our childhood. We didn't know how it’s like to have fun in our early stages of life. Some of us our childhood was deprived from us, because some of our parents or guardians; didn't fulfill their responsibilities and left us taking care our little ones. 

Maybe you had great childhood but some things happened while you were growing that left scars somewhere inside of you. We see Jabez whose name mean sorrow maker, because his mother was in much pain when she had him. I believe this name defined the life of Jabez; and he found himself struggling how he can flee himself from what happened in his past.

One day Jabez cried to the God of Israel, saying, “I pray that you would bless me and give me more land! Be near me and don't let anyone hurt me! Then I will not have any pain." The Bible says, And God granted his request. God saw the sufferings of Jabez; He had compassion on him and gave him what he asked for.

This morning, you need to know that you can't do anything about where you've been, but you can change where you're going. You can change where you're going through prayers; ask God to change your future life and make your paths straight. If you are still hurting from your past experiences, you don't have to; God is more than willing to heal you if you will avail yourself before Him.

Don't allow your name, family, past mistakes or misfortunes to define your future. Your future should be defined by God; refuse to live according to predictions of people. Live according to what the word of God says in your life. You will become who God wants you to be regardless what people prophesied over you. God is with you so do not be afraid.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I pray for my future. Lord I'm asking that You may heal me from my past wounds and experiences. Give me courage to continue living my life; while knowing You are with me in every stage of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment