Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

WE ARE CALLED TO BE PATIENT

May God who gives patience, steadiness, and encouragement help you to live in complete harmony with each other—each with the attitude of Christ toward the other.

Romans 15:5 TLB

One of the lessons I have learned in my walk with the Lord is that we are called to be patient with ourselves, with each other and God. Someone can ask how I should be patient with my own self; how should I be patient with others and God? I would like to explain to you as follows in the coming paragraphs.

When I say to be patient with your own self I mean this: There are some things which you wanted to attain in life, and there are some degree of knowing God you wanted to have now but you may find yourself falling short to those standard you once set. You may be disappointed because you did not reach your goals but you shouldn't give up on yourself and give yourself a room to try again.

We are also called to patient with each other. The Lord wants us to live in complete harmony with others and help in each other's weaknesses. If people tell you that they are born again Christians does not mean that they are perfect; but it means they have given a chance to the Lord Jesus Christ to take control over their lives and help them to reach perfection in Him. This means that they will have weaknesses; and you as a believer need to be patient with them, praying for them that the Lord may help them.

This morning, I just want to remind you that you need to be patient with God. Sometimes we want things which are not in God's timeline over our lives at that moment. Sometimes God allows us to start with nothing that we may know the value of having something. If God will answer all the prayers that we pray at the same time; we would miss a lot of stages that would help us grow and mature in Christ Jesus.

Sometimes God does not us allow to have a car until He knows we know how to drive. There are times God will not trust you with something until He knows you will be able to take care and value it. God is omniscient, the God who knows everything including every hidden single details of your life. Be patient with Him, trust Him in your darkest hours and He will never lead you astray.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for Your Word. Help me to be patient with myself, live in harmony with others and be patient with You ooh God. In Jesus' Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment